Table of Contents
- Lawful Grounds
- What Data Do We Collect?
- How Do We Collect Your Data?
- How Will We Use Your Data?
- Sharing Collected Data
- How Do We Store and Secure Your Data?
- Retention of Data
- Access to Your Data
- Your Data Protection Rights
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technology
- Privacy Policies of Other Websites
- How to Contact Us
- How to Contact the Appropriate Authorities
If you are a registered platform user or website user, the lawful grounds for processing your Collected Information are our legitimate interests. We aim to understand user interactions, enhance our products and services, as explained in more detail within the sections on data collection and usage.
What Data Do We Collect?
We may collect, store, and use the following types of information and personal data (“Collected Information”):
Information and Personal Data About Your Visits
- Your computer and website visits data, including IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, visit duration, and page views.
Information About Transactions
- Information related to your transactions with us, including purchases of our goods or services, which may include:
- Contact information (e.g., first and last name, title, email, phone, address, postcode)
- Connection data (IP address, browser type, user agent)
- Localization data (geographical location)
- Application usage data (referral source, visit duration, page views)
Information Related to Clinics
- Information regarding your enquiries made to clinics
- Information related to your reviews left about clinics
- Email, phone call, call recording, WhatsApp, and SMS communication data if made through our platform/service
- Information provided during registration and subscription, including first and last name, email address, and phone number.
How Do We Collect Your Data?
We collect most data directly from you when you:
- Contact or review a clinic through our website
- Register or subscribe to our website services or email notifications
- Voluntarily participate in customer surveys or provide feedback through social media or email.
We may also receive data indirectly from third-party sources, such as clinics adding patient information to our CRM system.
How Will We Use Your Data?
Collected Information, including personal data, will be used to:
Enquiries and Feedback
- Create enquiries with clinics you select
- Provide public feedback about clinics you review
- Administer and improve the usability of our website and platform
- Enhance your browsing experience by customizing content for relevance (e.g., localizing phone numbers and currency)
- Send marketing and other communications, with your consent, related to our business or carefully selected third parties’ businesses
- Provide statistical information about our users to other companies without individual identification
Sharing Collected Data
We may share Collected Information about you:
With Third-Party Clinics
- Data you provided will be shared with clinics you personally selected
- Details of selected clinics and their contact information are provided at the time of enquiry creation
- As required by law
- In connection with legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights
- In response to lawful requests by public authorities.
How Do We Store and Secure Your Data?
We take reasonable precautions to protect your personal data, including encryption and access restrictions. You are responsible for keeping your passwords confidential.
Retention of Data
We retain essential personal data related to your use of the website or platform until you request its removal. Server log files are purged after one year.
Access to Your Data
As a website user, you can request access to and corrections of your personal data. Platform users are responsible for updating their data as needed.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have rights, including:
- Correcting incomplete or incorrect personal data
- Requesting access to your data and additional processing information
- Withdrawing consent for processing with consent as lawful grounds
- Requesting data erasure under specific circumstances
- Data portability and restriction of processing
- Objecting to processing based on lawful grounds and direct marketing.
You can lodge a complaint with your supervisory authority if you believe your data rights were infringed.
If you’ve consented to receive marketing, you can opt-out later by clicking here.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technology
Privacy Policies of Other Websites
We are not responsible for the privacy policies of third-party websites or their actions regarding your personal data.
How to Contact Us
How to Contact the Appropriate Authorities
If needed, you can contact the Greek Data Protection Commission to report a complaint or unresolved concerns.